- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Brendan Dwyer Items
In what may qualify as the overstatement of the year, NBA journeyman center Jason Collins has been dubbed "our generation's version of Jackie Robinson," merely for outing himself Monday as the first openly homosexual player in any of the four leading major league team sports.
Washington Wizards center Jason Collins on Monday became the first "active" player in the "big four" of American professional sports to reveal he is gay, and the immediate reaction from athletes was overwhelmingly supportive.