- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Brendan Dwyer Items
In what may qualify as the overstatement of the year, NBA journeyman center Jason Collins has been dubbed "our generation's version of Jackie Robinson," merely for outing himself Monday as the first openly homosexual player in any of the four leading major league team sports.
Washington Wizards center Jason Collins on Monday became the first "active" player in the "big four" of American professional sports to reveal he is gay, and the immediate reaction from athletes was overwhelmingly supportive.