- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Topic - Brett Anderson
The Colorado Rockies got another unexpected outing from a starting pitcher who had been relegated to the bullpen.
It was a small but important step for Colorado's Jorge De La Rosa.
Brett Anderson's broken finger leaves the Colorado Rockies with much bigger concerns than an extra-inning loss to the San Francisco Giants.
A momentary lack of focus turned out to be just enough to wipe out Matt Cain's best outing of the year and keep the former Giants ace winless in three starts.
Tommy Kahnle has been trying to tell anyone who will listen how good Colorado's bullpen is, even if the numbers suggest otherwise.
Brett Anderson was less than thrilled with his first two starts with the Colorado Rockies.
The Colorado Rockies erased a two-run deficit in the early innings Tuesday. A second comeback bid fell short.
Troy Tulowitzki went 0-for-3 in his return from injury and Brett Anderson overcame a blister to throw six effective innings for the Colorado Rockies in a 9-7 victory over the San Diego Padres on Monday.
An efficient Brett Anderson turned a scheduled three-inning start into a five-inning, one-run outing for Colorado on Wednesday as a Rockies split-squad beat the Cincinnati Reds 3-2.
Brett Anderson pitched three positive innings in his first start against his former team on Saturday, helping the Colorado Rockies to a 5-4 victory over the Oakland Athletics.
Robinson Cano had two hits and an RBI and Dustin Ackley's had a three-run double among his two hits, as a Seattle Mariners split-squad beat the Colorado Rockies 8-1 Monday.
Once again the Colorado Rockies enter a new season with questions surrounding their pitching staff.
A 16-year-old girl who was rescued during an FBI shootout with her captor in the Idaho wilderness is resting at home with family and friends to begin what her father says will be a slow recovery.
The Oakland Athletics will play another day in this improbable season full of remarkable rallies.
Oakland Athletics left-hander Brett Anderson will miss the rest of the regular season because of a strain of his right oblique.
"It's really frustrating, really frustrating especially about the time you starting to show your new teammates why the traded for you and you are showcasing some of your ability, something like this happens," Anderson said. "I guess it would happen to me of all people. I feel like a shadow of injury bug around me."
"It felt like a firecracker went off in my glove," Anderson said. "I went out there and threw a warmup pitch and it felt like what I envision trying to throw with a foam finger feels like."