- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Brett Gardner
There was nothing mysterious about Michael Pineda's performance this time. Masahiro Tanaka's dominant outing was pretty straight forward, too.
Blue Jays manager John Gibbons understands that his team doesn't have much margin for error in the competitive AL East.
With an 0-2 start now firmly in the rearview mirror, the New York Yankees are looking forward to heading home for what's likely to be a memorable opener in the Bronx.
Jordan Zimmermann had everything working just the way he wanted in a perfect four-inning performance as the Washington Nationals beat the New York Yankees 3-2 Tuesday.
While CC Sabathia gave up three runs in three innings testing a new pitch, Jordan Zimmermann had everything working just the way he wanted in a perfect four-inning performance as the Washington Nationals beat the New York Yankees 3-2 Tuesday.
Outfielder Brett Gardner and the New York Yankees have agreed to a contract that adds $52 million in guaranteed money from 2015-18.
Add another one to a list of key injuries for the New York Yankees.
Shortstop Derek Jeter went back on the disabled list. Leadoff hitter Brett Gardner was ejected for throwing his helmet. And outfielder Zoilo Almonte sprained his ankle during the game.
Derek Jeter stepped into the batter's box at Yankee Stadium for the first time in nine months, and the crowd rose as one and cheered.
Derek Jeter walked into the Yankees' clubhouse about 2 1/2 before gametime, carrying an equipment bag. After a nine-month layoff, the captain was back in the lineup.
New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi has tweaked his lineup.
The New York Yankees keep tinkering with their leadoff hitter.
Nick Swisher hit a two-run homer off Koji Uehara in the bottom of the ninth inning Wednesday to give the New York Yankees a 3-2 victory over the Baltimore Orioles that prevented a series sweep.
"I couldn't believe that, but other than that, everything went well," he added.
Gardner agreed last month to a $5.6 million, one-year contract and would have been eligible for free agency after the 2014 season.