- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Brett Schmidt Items
Maryland defenseman Goran Murray dons No. 44, sort of like another eastern Pennsylvania product who arrived in College Park as a long pole and wound up entrenched as a close defenseman for the bulk of his career.
Maryland pushed its way to the NCAA lacrosse title game last spring with a group of defensive players who were mainstays in College Park seemingly forever.
Maryland rolled into halftime of its NCAA semifinal with a three-goal edge over Duke. Still, the Terrapins' senior-laden close defense wasn't in a forgiving mood when asked to rate its performance.