- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Topic - Brian Cashman
The 30-year-old Headley can become a free agent after this season. He's hitting .229 with seven homers and 32 RBI but has a .339 average since July 4.
Masahiro Tanaka has a partially torn ligament in his right elbow, and the New York Yankees hope their rookie sensation will be able to pitch again this season.
The pine tar on Michael Pineda's neck was a stain for the New York Yankees.
The pine tar glistened on Michael Pineda's neck, improving his grip and inviting trouble.
Pineda's ejection in the second inning Wednesday night occurred 13 days after he had brown goo on his right hand during a 4-1 win over Boston at Yankee Stadium That sparked a debate about pitchers' use of sticky substances to get a better grip in cool weather.
Infielder Eduardo Nunez was designated for assignment by the New York Yankees on Tuesday after Yangervis Solarte and Dean Anna outperformed him during spring training.
New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman has no concerns about the health of shortstop Derek Jeter, who was limited to 17 games last season due to leg injuries.
Outfielder Brett Gardner and the New York Yankees have agreed to a contract that adds $52 million in guaranteed money from 2015-18.
Derek Jeter said 20 years in the major leagues will be enough. He just wouldn't really say why.
Derek Jeter spoke for 25 minutes, 44 seconds and answered 26 questions about his decision to retire at the end of this season.
The Yankees talked frugality, then reverted to their high-spending ways.
In addition to the deal with the 25-year-old right-hander, the Yankees must pay a $20 million fee to his Japanese team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles.
The Yankees had plenty of praise for Robinson Cano, just not the money he wanted.
Brian McCann arrived at Yankee Stadium on Nov. 19 and was greeted on the field by CC Sabathia and the pitcher's kids.
Baseball's annual gathering of general managers began Monday when $14.1 million qualifying offers were turned down by all 13 free agents who received them from their former teams, a group that included Jacoby Ellsbury, Mike Napoli and Stephen Drew of the World Series champion Boston Red Sox.
"George Steinbrenner was a little intimidated by Bob, probably the only person on the planet because George was always in search of perfection, and Bob was perfect," Cashman said after the service.
"It was the most nervous I've ever been," said Yankees general manager Brian Cashman, a man who has worked for George Steinbrenner and watched his teams play in the World Series.