- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Brian Cashman Items
The 48-year-old Girardi has led the team to the playoffs in four of his six seasons, winning the World Series in 2009. Under Girardi, the Yankees have gone a majors-best 564-408 (.580) since 2008.
Manager Joe Girardi signed a four-year contract Wednesday to stay with the New York Yankees through 2017.
Hired after the 2007 season, Girardi's contract expires at the end of October. Crippled by injuries, New York had its poorest record since 1992 and finished tied for third in the AL East at 85-77.
Jeter started the year on the disabled list after breaking his left ankle in the 2012 playoffs. He played in only 17 games, batting .190 with one homer and seven RBI.
Derek Jeter began the season on the disabled list, and that's how it will end.
Daily threats. Blaring headlines. Charges and countercharges.
Alex Rodriguez said Wednesday he's cutting off all non-baseball talk after a wild weekend of accusations and retaliations on and off the field.
Life with Alex Rodriguez breaks down in strange ways for the New York Yankees.
Major League Baseball's evidence against Alex Rodriguez is so weak he shouldn't serve even one inning of his 211-game suspension, the lawyer for the Yankees slugger said Monday.