- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Brian Hanlon Items
D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray and other city hall types have nothing but praise for Brian Hanlon.
The director of a newly created city agency with control over the District's 30-million-square-foot real estate portfolio met privately last week with politically connected lawyers, lobbyists and developers despite D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray's open-government policies and an ethics pledge he imposed on city officials to ensure transparency.
The director of a newly created city agency with control over the District's 30 million-square-foot real estate portfolio met privately Thursday with politically-connected lawyers, lobbyists and developers in apparent violation of longstanding open government policies proposed by D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray.