- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Ex-D.C. teacher gets 25 years in child porn case
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Brian Higgins
A Buffalo businessman says he'll challenge Congressman Brian Higgins in the Democratic primary.
An exhibit called "Inside Tim Russert's Office" is being relocated to the late NBC "Meet the Press" anchor's hometown of Buffalo.
After a commuter flight fell from the sky onto a western New York home five years ago, the relatives of the passengers killed were too grief-stricken to appreciate the outpouring of support they received from strangers.
President Obama flubbed the names of a couple Buffalo, N.Y. officials while speaking at the city's state-university campus Thursday, confusing the mayor, Byron Brown, with the city's congressman, Brian Higgins, National Review Online first reported.
Iran is not supporting active terrorist cells in the Western Hemisphere, according to a State Department report set to be released this week that is likely to ignite a major battle with Capitol Hill.
The House will consider bipartisan legislation that aims to push the State Department to adopt a more vigilant posture toward Iran's activities in Latin America.
A bipartisan House bill aims to push the State Department to adopt a more vigilant posture toward the Iran's activities in Latin America.
The cash-strapped U.S. Postal Service announced plans Thursday to target more than 250 mail-processing facilities for potential closure, including eight in Virginia and Maryland, while allowing itself more time to deliver first-class mail in an effort to save billions of dollars and return to profitability.
Rep. Brian Higgins, D-N.Y., said relieving congestion on the bridge also would improve air quality in the nearby Buffalo neighborhood, where high rates of childhood asthma have been documented.
"Their call for 'one level of safety' has become a rallying cry for all of those who want to make sure that this kind of preventable tragedy is not visited upon other families and other communities," U.S. Rep. Brian Higgins, D-N.Y., said on the floor of the House of Representatives Tuesday.