- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Brian Mitchell
Former MLB player and current baseball analyst Sean Casey joined Brian Mitchell on SportsTalk Live Thursday night to discuss the offseason.
Notre Dame head football coach Brian Kelly puts his support behind an undefeated Ohio State team playing for the BCS championship.
Heath Shuler knew what he had to say. It was the fall of 1994, and Washington Redskins coach Norv Turner was giving the touted rookie quarterback the chance to make his NFL debut against the defending Super Bowl-champion Dallas Cowboys.
It's hard to not find someone who has some advice for the new franchise QB in D.C.
Has it really been 20 years since the Washington Redskins last played in the Super Bowl (and won, if memory serves)? Seems like 120. Seems like they must have worn leather helmets and operated out of the single wing, maybe even traveled to the game in Pullman cars. Are you sure Chip Lohmiller didn't dropkick?
Josh Wilson knows what its like to work at FedEx Field; he started out when he was 13 years old. Now a projected starting cornerback for the Washington Redskins, Wilson's work day Sunday afternoons will be a bit of an upgrade over his former job.
Brett Favre's surprise return ended quickly and Devin Hester set an NFL record with his 14th career return for a touchdown, leading the Chicago Bears to a 40-14 victory over the Minnesota Vikings on Monday night at snowy TCF Bank Stadium.
Devin Hester has set the NFL record with his 14th career return for a touchdown.
Pharmaceutical companies no longer court doctors with tickets to sporting events and lavish trips, but one of the nation's largest drug manufacturers deployed a squad of sports figures to get physicians to play ball.
"I felt that they threw him to the wolves too quick," Mitchell said. "But that's the NFL: They draft somebody high, they have to prove that they did the right thing and they'll do everything they can to make sure that we believe what they did is right."
"If you draft a guy at that high of a pick and he doesn't fit your system, then you're the fool, not him," Mitchell said.