- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport
- Prison inmates take up ‘Knockout’ game, target female officers
- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
Latest Brian Stewart Items
If Joe Vellano has somewhat anonymously authored another stellar season for Maryland, it surely isn't for lack of effort.
Maryland's defense celebrated last week's 27-20 victory over Virginia much like it did its three previous triumphs.
It was unlikely the milestone, however modest it was, of passing the victory total of his first season at Maryland was on coach Randy Edsall's mind Saturday.
Mike Locksley spent last autumn in quite a new way. He watched his 15-year-old son's football games every week. He took his daughter to school. He embraced the quality family time that admittedly eluded him for more than two decades.
Justus Pickett received immediate on-field experience last fall at Maryland.
Maryland's men's basketball assistant coaches made $692,320 last season, a 59.9 percent increase over the previous set of assistants.
Defensive tackle A.J. Francis floated in and out of Maryland's lineup last year, perhaps the surest sign the Terrapins' new scheme was a poor fit for the multiyear starter.
A dozen players with eligibility remaining left Maryland's football program since the end of a miserable 2-10 season in coach Randy Edsall's debut.
Maryland defensive coordinator Brian Stewart will make $350,000 in guaranteed compensation annually over the next two years, according to the contract he signed earlier this month.