- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Topic - Bridgeport
Bridgeport is the most populous city in Connecticut. Located in Fairfield County on the Pequonnock River and Long Island Sound, the city had an estimated population of 144,229 at the 2010 United States Census and is the core of the Greater Bridgeport area. The city is part of the Greater New York City Combined Statistical Area. It is the fifth-largest city in New England (behind Boston, Worcester, Providence and Springfield.) Bridgeport is the center of the 48th-largest urban area in the United States, just behind Hartford (47th). Most of Bridgeport was originally a part of the township of Stratford. - Source: Wikipedia
A Yale-educated lawyer with an incisive mind and precise handwriting, Vincent L. Keating carefully chronicled his experiences in the U.S. Army during World War I.
A 24-year-old Bridgeport man has been charged with assaulting an 89-year-old woman in Stratford.
Praised for performing dangerous work at a time when women couldn't even vote, a lighthouse keeper credited with saving 21 people during her 61 years of service received a grave marker Thursday more than a century after she was buried.
Education officials in Bridgeport and Stamford are considering a legal fight to prevent new charter schools from moving into those cities.
The Connecticut Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld a decision denying a law license for former Bridgeport Mayor Joseph Ganim, citing the extent of his criminal conduct that led to his conviction on corruption charges and insufficient evidence of rehabilitation.
A Moroccan man in Connecticut who allegedly expressed interest in using remote-controlled airplanes to bomb a school and a federal building has been arrested by the FBI and detained without bail, federal authorities said Tuesday.
Federal inspectors over the last decade found more than 7,100 defects and deficiencies in Metro-North Railroad, but records obtained by a newspaper show regulators launched a full investigation only after two high-profile accidents last year.
With points at a premium for the playoff-chasing Washington Capitals, rookie Evgeny Kuznetsov was the difference for his struggling team.