- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
Latest Brig Items
Rescue teams searching for survivors in the aftermath of the crashes of three Ugandan helicopter gunships on Kenya's highest mountain found two bodies Tuesday and were searching for at least seven soldiers and airmen in a rugged landscape where leopards and elephants roam.
From his prison cell, a senior Pakistani officer accused of plotting with a shadowy Islamist group to take over the military released his political manifesto: His call was for the army to sever its anti-terror alliance with the United States, which he contends is forcing Pakistan to fight its own people.
Gunmen disguised as police officers seized control of a police station in western Iraq on Monday morning, killing four people and taking dozens of hostages before Iraqi forces swept in and ended the standoff, Iraqi officials said.
A senior officer serving at Pakistan's army headquarters has been detained on suspicion of ties to a banned Islamist group that has called for the military to overthrow the country's U.S.-allied government, the army spokesman said Tuesday.
Authorities detained a senior officer serving at Pakistani army headquarters for suspected links with a banned Islamist group, the army spokesman said Tuesday.