- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
Latest Britain Items
LONDON — There are Elvis records, Elvis cards, Elvis books and Elvis dog tags. Tickets for a concert he never made it to, an Elvis pinball machine and even an Elvis Russian doll.
Recent events in the South American country of Venezuela are disturbing, or at least should be to all clear-thinking people.
ISTANBUL — An Islamic version of "scientific creationism" has found fertile soil in Turkey, where three in four residents reject Charles Darwin's theory of evolution.
When Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands in April 1982 and ignited the Falklands War with Great Britain, many commentators saw the conflict as something of a quaint historical anomaly, a "throwback" campaign reminiscent of 19th century "petty scrapes" imperial Britain engaged in when the sun never set on its globe-circling empire.
As Prime Minister Tony Blair prepares to leave 10 Downing Street, "Mohammad" is the second most popular name in Britain.
TEL AVIV — Britain's largest union is threatening to boycott Israel, reflecting a growing trend among organized labor in Britain that could jeopardize relations between London and the Jewish state.
On July 31, 1991, at Lithuania's Medininkai border post connecting it to Belarus, eight customs officials were forced to lie on the ground and shot in the head. The only survivor, Tomas Sernas, is in a wheelchair.
With a flat economic outlook and several recent state elections already lost by the ruling Social Democratic-Green coalition, Germany may well get a new and more conservative government within two years.