- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - British Bankers' Association
The British Bankers’ Association (BBA) is the trade association for the UK banking and financial services sector. It represents over 250 members, which are headquartered in 50 countries and have operations in 180 countries worldwide. These member banks collectively provide the full range of banking and financial services and make up the world’s largest international banking centre. - Source: Wikipedia
At a time when many robberies take place at the click of a mouse, a group of jewel thieves has shown there's still a potential payoff for old-fashioned criminals willing to use disguises, planning and pluck to nab their loot.
UBS Securities Japan, a subsidiary of the multinational financial institution UBS AG, agreed on Wednesday to plead guilty to charges of felony wire fraud in a scheme to manipulate the London Interbank Offered Rate, a key benchmark for financial products and transactions around the world.