- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Brittany Keil
A D.C. man whose three pit bulls escaped his Brightwood home and mauled a neighborhood child until a good Samaritan shot the dogs was sentenced to eight days in jail and three years probation.
Authorities have made an agreement not to prosecute a Northwest D.C. man who used his unregistered handgun to shoot and kill a pit bull in order to stop it from mauling a child in his neighborhood.
An animal control officer met with Mr. Paige to check on the care and welfare of the dogs after one of them was mauled so badly by another that it had to be euthanized, Ms. Keil said.
At the Monday sentencing in D.C. Superior Court, Ms. Keil said neighbors had previously complained that Mr. Paige's dogs ran freely through the neighborhood.