- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Brittney Griner
Baylor thrived in its first season without Brittney Griner by relying heavily on Odyssey Sims, the nation's leading scorer.
Any NFL team that drafts Michael Sam will be taking on much more than a rookie pass-rusher.
Odyssey Sims became Baylor's starting point guard as a freshman and almost made it to the NCAA Final Four.
With a little more than a month left in the regular season, the women's basketball player of the year race is wide open.
Odyssey Sims scored 25 points and No. 9 Baylor cruised to a 92-43 victory over Texas Tech after the Big 12-leading Lady Bears scored the game's first 19 points Wednesday night.
After scoring the game's first 19 points, No. 9 Baylor was already on the way to a lopsided victory over Texas Tech.
Shoni Schimmel has been on some shooting streak lately, carrying fifth-ranked Louisville to 14 straight victories.
Chiney Ogwumike now has family bragging rights.
Members of Connecticut's NCAA champion women's basketball team are taking a lead role in a national campaign in support of lesbian and bisexual athletes in women's sports.
It was pretty obvious to voters who the best rookie in the WNBA was this season.
This is always the way it was supposed to be for Maya Moore.
Brittney Griner and Elena Delle Donne were poised to make history as the first pair of rookies from the same class to start the WNBA All-Star game.
Elena Delle Donne will miss the WNBA All-Star game on Saturday while recovering from a concussion.
Brittney Griner's eyes lighted up at the thought of the WNBA adding a dunk contest to its All-Star weekend festivities.
Brittney Griner will miss Saturday's WNBA All-Star game while recovering from a sprained left knee she suffered earlier this month.
Those issues were highlighted earlier this year when former Baylor center Brittney Griner said she was encouraged to keep her homosexuality secret while at the school.
"Definitely sad that I can't play," Griner said. "There's nothing I can do about that. Day-by-day, that's my motto. I'm not a trainer, so I'd probably be lying anyway. I'm also sad that Elena can't be here."