- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Brock Mealer
Doctors told Brock Mealer he would be in a wheelchair the rest of his life.
Brock Mealer is going to lead Michigan's football team onto the field before its opener against Connecticut in a way few thought was possible.
"This is the start of a new chapter," he said. "The next chapter is to getting rid of one cane, and getting rid of the next cane."
Brock Mealer said it was Rodriguez's idea to have him walk the team onto the field _ asking last spring if it was something he wanted to do _ and the coach can't wait to witness the moment.