- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Bronco Mendenhall
Kevin Parks ran 13 yards for a touchdown with 2:36 to play Saturday night and Virginia beat BYU 19-16 in a wild, rain-drenched season-opener.
Two members of Brigham Young's football team have been suspended from the team and withdrawn from school amid an investigation into an assault at a Provo restaurant.
The only break Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly wants the Fighting Irish players taking this week is from classes.
Riley Nelson hurriedly led BYU to the line with a call from the sideline to spike the ball and stop the clock.
The Big East has had discussions with BYU about giving up its football independence and joining the rebuilding conference.
The Texas Longhorns passed the first test of their big rebuilding project.
As a surfer, BYU football coach Bronco Mendenhall knows plenty about risk and reward, from riding that perfect wave to experiencing a major wipeout.
What started as a quirky twist on the shotgun formation by an off-the-radar team searching for an edge has become the hottest offensive trend in college football.
The battle for the starting quarterback job at BYU has ended in a tie.
Coach Bronco Mendenhall said he thought his team was going to keep driving for the victory, believing he saw fatigue starting to take a toll on Virginia's defense.
"I believed we were," he said. "I saw momentum shifting, and I saw our offense starting to gain traction."