- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest Brooks Laich Items
Capitals forward Brooks Laich will sit out Friday's game against the New York Rangers [7 p.m., CSN] with groin pain.
Over the weekend he became the only NHL player to record 30 or more goals in every season since his rookie year of 2005-06. He's already one of just six players in NHL history to score 30 or more goals in his first nine seasons, joining Mike Bossy, Mike Gartner, Wayne Gretzky, Jari Kurri and Bryan Trottier.
The Capitals have nothing but good things to say about Boudreau, who returns to Verizon Center Monday night as coach of the Ducks. It will be Boudreau's first time in the building since the Capitals fired him on Nov. 28, 2011.
After four weeks of rehab, Caps forward Brooks Laich says he can play on Monday against the Ducks. Adam Oates says he'll decide on Monday.
Capitals center/left wing Brooks Laich says he's hoping to return to the lineup as early as Monday night against Bruce Boudreau and the Anaheim Ducks.
The Capitals can't trade anyone before Dec. 28, but they can send players to Hershey.
With John Erskine nearing his return and Michal Neuvirth and Brooks Laich getting closer, the Caps have some roster decisions to make.
The Capitals' Christmas video shows off some of the extraordinary musical talents of Washington's favorite hockey team.
Capitals center Brooks Laich is searching for answers as he attempts to return from recurring groin problems. Is acupuncture the answer?