- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Bruce Aylward
The Islamist hatred of all things Western continues to dumfound the world. The Islamists wrote the book on how to mistreat women and abuse children, spreading disease and suffering among the children of the Muslim world.
India will celebrate a full year since its last reported case of polio on Friday, a major victory in a global eradication effort that appeared to be stalled just a few years ago.
India on Friday will celebrate a full year since its last reported case of polio — a major victory in a global eradication effort that appeared to be stalled just a few years ago.
The world is not on track to wipe out polio by the end of 2012, a group of independent health experts warned Wednesday.
Tilkeshwar is one of India's forgotten villages.
"Shooting health workers who are protecting kids from this crippling disease is against the Koran and everything Islam stands for," the organization's assistant director-general Bruce Aylward says.
"If we fail at this point, it's an issue of will," he said.