- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Bruce Boudreau Items
Alex Ovechkin assisted on Washington's only goal in regulation, then scored in the opening round of the shootout to give the first-place Capitals a 2-1 victory over the slumping Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday night.
Alexander Semin scored 28 seconds into overtime to give the Washington Capitals a 3-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Sunday.
Washington's centerpiece trade deadline deal continued to pay big dividends Thursday night, as new Capital Jason Arnott buried an Alexander Semin feed with just 5:19 left to play in regulation in a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues at Verizon Center.
With the trade deadline approaching at 3 p.m. EST, the Washington Capitals made a move Monday afternoon to bolster their playoff chances by picking up veteran defenseman Dennis Wideman from the Florida Panthers.
Alex Ovechkin sat at his locker wearing only a towel, staring quizzically at a scoresheet covered in all of those crooked numbers that used to be so familiar to the Washington Capitals.
Brooks Laich scored a blue-collar goal, Marcus Johansson got a flashy one, and the Washington Capitals stayed super on Super Sunday, beating the star-starved Pittsburgh Penguins 3-0.
The New York Rangers were being blanked by a rookie goaltender when Marian Gaborik put the puck in the net — and didn't even know it.
Alex Ovechkin assisted on goals by Jason Chimera and Nicklas Backstrom, and rookie Braden Holtby made 24 saves in his return from the minors to lift the Washington Capitals to a 2-1 victory over the New York Islanders on Thursday night.
John Carlson and Brooks Laich scored in a 45-second span in the third period to help the Washington Capitals rally for a 3-1 victory over the Ottawa Senators on Sunday.