- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Bruce Boudreau Items
It wasn't pretty, but the Capitals used a third-period rally to earn their seventh straight win, beating the Carolina Hurricanes 2-1 at Verizon Center Friday night.
Alex Ovechkin assisted on Washington's only goal in regulation, then scored in the opening round of the shootout to give the first-place Capitals a 2-1 victory over the slumping Tampa Bay Lightning on Monday night.
Alexander Semin scored 28 seconds into overtime to give the Washington Capitals a 3-2 victory over the Florida Panthers on Sunday.
Washington's centerpiece trade deadline deal continued to pay big dividends Thursday night, as new Capital Jason Arnott buried an Alexander Semin feed with just 5:19 left to play in regulation in a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues at Verizon Center.
With the trade deadline approaching at 3 p.m. EST, the Washington Capitals made a move Monday afternoon to bolster their playoff chances by picking up veteran defenseman Dennis Wideman from the Florida Panthers.
Alex Ovechkin sat at his locker wearing only a towel, staring quizzically at a scoresheet covered in all of those crooked numbers that used to be so familiar to the Washington Capitals.
Brooks Laich scored a blue-collar goal, Marcus Johansson got a flashy one, and the Washington Capitals stayed super on Super Sunday, beating the star-starved Pittsburgh Penguins 3-0.
The New York Rangers were being blanked by a rookie goaltender when Marian Gaborik put the puck in the net — and didn't even know it.
Alex Ovechkin assisted on goals by Jason Chimera and Nicklas Backstrom, and rookie Braden Holtby made 24 saves in his return from the minors to lift the Washington Capitals to a 2-1 victory over the New York Islanders on Thursday night.