- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Latest Bruce Boudreau Items
Washington Capitals general manager George McPhee says he fired Bruce Boudreau because "players were no longer responding" to the coach.
Bruce Boudreau was fired as coach of the Washington Capitals, and players really had no other choice but to assume the brunt of the responsibility after a horrid stretch of hockey that pushed the team with the best start in the NHL into a tailspin.
The problems that are plaguing the Washington Capitals may be more than talent-deep. They may be more than coach-deep. They may be more than performance-deep.
Alex Ovechkin flashed down the left wing and fired a scorching shot right over Henrik Lundqvist's shoulder. Vintage Ovechkin to be sure, but with the Capitals trailing by two goals to the New York Rangers in the third period it came too little too late.
Jason Chimera wasn't just the Washington Capitals' overtime hero Wednesday night as he beat the Winnipeg Jets on a perfect backdoor play. With that goal, he became the team's leading goal-scorer.
For a team that dreams of cavorting with the Stanley Cup, the Washington Capitals sure have a lot of drama.
The Capitals were happy to snap a four-game skid. Happy enough to play the victory music, happy enough to have some smiles.
Sidney Crosby finished with two goals and two assists in the Pittsburgh Penguins' 5-0 victory over New York Islander, Crosby's first game since Jan. 5. Capitals players were equal parts impressed and happy about Crosby's return.
Alexander Semin's wardrobe for Tuesday night was a suit and a winter hat. For the first time under coach Bruce Boudreau and the first time since his rookie season in 2003-04, the Russian winger was a healthy scratch.