- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Latest Bruce Boudreau Items
Balance is all well and good, and the Washington Capitals were excelling early this season when rolling through four lines. But when things went awry – eventually costing Bruce Boudreau his job – analyst Alan May said there wasn't enough emphasis placed on allowing star players like Alex Ovechkin do their things.
Following the Washington Capitals' 5-4 loss to the Florida Panthers on Monday night, Jason Chimera was at a loss for words.
After the football games have ended and the leftovers have been stored comes Black Friday, which is supposed to be followed by another uber-shopping spree, Cyber Monday.
George McPhee insisted the firing of Bruce Boudreau and hiring of Dale Hunter wasn't about Alex Ovechkin, the Washington Capitals' captain whose production and performance have been lacking this season.
It didn't take long for Bruce Boudreau to find a new job after getting fired as Washington Capitals coach. It also didn't take long for Bob Woods to find a new job after getting fired as assistant coach.
Bruce Boudreau's whirlwind week started with a meeting just after 6 a.m. Monday morning. When the general manager of the Capitals wants to talk at that time, it can't be good news.
Sidney Crosby vs. Alex Ovechkin — the stuff "24/7," the Winter Classic and, let's face it, the NHL is made of. For a while it was the biggest rivalry in the league, reinvigorating the Pittsburgh Penguins vs. the Washington Capitals as must-see TV and even more of a must-see in person.
The bad news and bad mood for Bruce Boudreau might have lasted just a few hours. George McPhee fired him early Monday morning, and Anaheim Ducks general manager Bob Murray jumped at the opportunity to talk to the ex-Washington Capitals coach.