- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Latest Bruce Cassidy Items
The Washington Capitals were on the clock to find a new coach since May 14. They needed a replacement for Dale Hunter, but general manager George McPhee was in no rush.
Everyone knew the Washington Capitals needed a different approach when Dale Hunter announced he wasn't returning. Defensive, shot-blocking hockey had some success, and Bruce Boudreau's previous style of run-and-gun hockey had a little, too.
The Norfolk Admirals just returned home from Toronto on Monday after capturing the American Hockey League's Calder Cup, and more celebrations are set for Wednesday. So coach Jon Cooper has been a little busy.