- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
Topic - Bruce L. Braley
The pending retirement of longtime Sen. Tom Harkin, a Democrat, has given the Iowa GOP its first real shot in three decades at picking up an open Senate seat — and Republicans are hoping to ride the growing unrest over Obamacare to victory next year over Rep. Bruce L. Braley, the leading Democratic contender.
As Veterans Day arrives, members of Congress have plenty of proposals on how to honor them — including one Iowa Democrat, Rep. Bruce L. Braley, who has written a bill granting many veterans in the private sector the day off.
Despite the looming possibility of a government shutdown, federal layoffs and furloughs, there's at least one thing members of Congress from both political parties can readily agree on these days: partying.
It will be determined by what we do together to expand his vision of stewardship toward this planet and the people who live on it,” said Rep. Bruce L. Braley, Iowa Democrat.