- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Bryan Murray
Capitals coach Barry Trotz says Bryan Murray is a strong person who will fight a 'vicious disease.' Details here from CSN Insider Chuck Gormley.
The 71-year-old Murray has been with the Senators since June 2004, first as head coach before replacing the fired John Muckler as GM in 2007. He was behind the bench for Ottawa's run to the Stanley Cup final in the 2006-07 season.
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — Sabres President Pat LaFontaine's two-month search for a general manager ended with an unexpected addition.
The Ottawa Senators sent first-round draft pick Mika Zibanejad back to Swedish club team Djurgardens on Wednesday rather than burn the first year of his entry-level contract.
The Ottawa Senators have a new coach, and new philosophy.
The Ottawa Senators fired head coach Cory Clouston and two assistants on Saturday after the team failed to qualify for the playoffs for the second time in three seasons.
Bryan Murray says he will remain the Ottawa Senators' general manager for the next three seasons, extending a contract that was set to expire this summer.
"It would take a lot of hitting out of the game, a lot of the physical part of the game that makes our game so appealing," Ottawa's Bryan Murray said.
Murray said at a Scotiabank Place news conference on Friday that he has met frequently with Senators owner Eugene Melnyk this season to discuss his future and that of the team.