- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Latest Bryce Harper Items
After a sluggish return from the DL, Bryce Harper has finally rediscovered his hitting stroke over the last two weeks.
With a red-hot July, Denard Span has turned his season around and quieted skeptics of the Nationals' center fielder.
After amassing a 6-0 lead, the Nationals crumbled in Miami on their way to a 7-6 walk-off loss to the Marlins. Details here from CSN Insider Mark Zuckerman.
Cueto tossed seven scoreless innings, striking out nine to lower his ERA to a 2.08. The Reds right-hander was aided by some questionable base running on the Nationals' part, most notably by Bryce Harper.
Bryce Harper debuted a new batting stance on Friday night and the result was three hits and a home run.
No team in the NL has a better run differential (plus-61). That's a good predictor of which teams will make the playoffs. The starting rotation, missing Doug Fister for five weeks with an elbow injury and Gio Gonzalez (shoulder) for a month, still has a 3.28 ERA, third in the sport. The bullpen also ranks third overall (2.67 ERA). This is still a club built around its pitching. The offense just has to be good enough.
Bryce Harper hit his first post-DL homer last night, but the Nationals star is still battling his way out of a lengthy slump.
The Nationals lost to the Phillies 6-2 on a night where starter Jordan Zimmermann was injured and left early.
Harper's timing at the plate has been off since his return, with his batting average in July sitting at an inauspicious .120 entering play Thursday.