- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Topic - Bryn Renner
North Carolina's James Hurst and Bryn Renner closed turbulent college careers with injuries that hindered their preparation for the NFL.
Bryn Renner threw two touchdown passes in the fourth quarter after a goal-line stand preserved North Carolina's lead and the Tar Heels ended Virginia's postseason hopes with a 37-13 victory Thursday night.
North Carolina came 1 yard from turning Virginia Tech's dominance Thursday night into heartbreak.
While Hurst said he plans to watch the draft, Renner said he plans to skip it and play golf.
"We're kind of in the same boat," Renner said. "We talk about it all that time, that we've got to keep battling and keep fighting - and everything happens for a reason."