- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Bud Norris Items
In the playoff mix for a second straight year, the Baltimore Orioles made the biggest move on a quiet trade-deadline day, acquiring Bud Norris to keep pace with the Boston Red Sox.
They've been engaged in conversations with several teams, including at least slightly involved in talks for Astros right-hander Bud Norris, who was held out of his scheduled start in Baltimore. But team and major league officials have not indicated that any move is imminent.
Houston manager Bo Porter defended Erik Bedard's decision to remove himself from Saturday night's game against Seattle with a no-hitter in the seventh inning because of a high pitch count and said he wouldn't have let the left-hander stay in much longer.
Should the Nationals expand their search for another starting pitcher beyond their own organization — where most of the rotation talent is still in the system's lower levels — there will be a number of starters on the market before the July 31 deadline they could consider.
Bud Norris is all set to throw the first pitch of the 2013 major league season.
Yu Darvish struck out three in two scoreless innings and made a run-saving play in his spring training debut during the Texas Rangers' 6-2 win over a split squad of San Diego Padres on Wednesday.
The Astros fired pitching coach Brad Arnsberg on Tuesday and replaced him on an interim basis with former Houston pitcher Doug Brocail.
Astros starter Wandy Rodriguez will undergo a precautionary MRI on Saturday because of discomfort in his left elbow Friday.
Nationals highly touted prospect Bryce Harper had the perfect answer after hearing fans chant "overrated" after he took a called strike in the eighth inning against the Houston Astros on Monday.