- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
Topic - buffalo sabres
Tim Murray's vision of rebuilding the Buffalo Sabres involves several things.
NHL draft lottery losers last year, the Florida Panthers had their number come up this year.
With his nose broken and a red bruise formed beneath his left eye, veteran Buffalo Sabres forward Drew Stafford settled on a sliver of positive perspective in assessing one of the worst and most tumultuous seasons in the franchise's 44-year history.
New York Islanders coach Jack Capuano had no choice but to have faith in younger players after star forward John Tavares was lost to a season-ending knee injury.
The Buffalo Sabres scrambled to recall three players from their AHL affiliate to fill an injury-depleted roster for their season finale against the New York Islanders.
Cheering fans stood and waved gold and black towels as the Boston Bruins claimed the Presidents' Trophy for the NHL's best regular-season record.
Buffalo Sabres goalie Matt Hackett sustained a serious injury when Boston Bruins defenseman Torey Krug fell on his right leg on Saturday.
The New York Rangers did just enough to dispatch of the lowly Buffalo Sabres. A few minutes later, a little bit of help handed them home-ice advantage to start the playoffs.
Red Wings coach Mike Babcock will enjoy the win more than the milestone for now.
The Buffalo Sabres have recalled defenseman Mark Pysyk and goalie Andrey Makarov from the minors to fill holes on an injury-depleted roster.
The Philadelphia Flyers picked up their defense and their drive to snap their losing streak. Playing the lowly Buffalo Sabres helped, too.
The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Luke Adam from the minors to fill in for injured Marcus Foligno.
The Detroit Red Wings experienced a lull after a fast start but got the two points they needed.
Brian Elliott was oh so close to another shutout. He settled for another win.
Ville Leino was happy to bask in some rare cheers after netting the winning goal in the shootout.