- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
Latest Bundesliga Items
Runaway leader Bayern Munich can take another step toward the Bundesliga title with a win at home over Schalke, chastened by Wednesday's 6-1 rout at home by Real Madrid in the Champions League. Bayer Leverkusen hopes to end its alarming slump against Mainz while Borussia Dortmund hosts improving Nuremberg, and Werder Bremen clashes with Hamburger SV for the Bundesliga's 100th northern derby. Here are five things to know ahead of the 23rd round of games this weekend:
Schalke's travails continued Thursday with the news that defender Felipe Santana sustained a hamstring injury in the 6-1 Champions League loss to Real Madrid the night before.
Bayer Leverkusen has signed wing back Wendell from Brazilian side Gremio with effect from next season.
Real Madrid staked its claim as the main challenger to Bayern Munich's supremacy in Europe with a 6-1 rout of Schalke on Wednesday.
American midfielder Fabian Johnson appears to have recovered from a broken hand, which should please U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
Bayern Munich has taken team of the week honors in The Associated Press global soccer poll for the fifth time this season. The team followed up its 2-0 win at Arsenal in the Champions League with a 4-0 rout at Hannover.
Real Madrid rides a big wave into Schalke for their Champions League last-16 tie on Wednesday having just shot to the top of the Spanish league for the first time since 2012.
Bayern Munich has taken team of the week honors in The Associated Press global football poll for the fifth time this season after following up its 2-0 win at Arsenal in the Champions League with a 4-0 rout at Hannover.
Tom Timmermann, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, United States