- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
- See a drone? ‘Shoot it down,’ says Colorado ordinance
- Spanish journalists kidnapped by al Qaeda group in Syria
- Nevada rescuers frenzied to find 4 kids, 2 adults lost in snow
- ‘TipsforJesus’ strikes in New York, with three massive tips
- John Podesta jumps aboard Obama ship to sell second-term agenda
- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
Latest Burnett Items
Many public school officials cringe at the very notion of teaching religion in the classroom. By doing so, they're missing out on a real opportunity to promote religious tolerance and education to impressionable young minds.
Television watchers across the country are glomming on to an unlikely megahit: the History Channel's 10-hour retelling of stories from the Bible. To the disbelief of Hollywood executives, viewers are shunning a lineup that includes "Revenge" and "The Mentalist" to watch another telling of the greatest story ever told.
Gov. Brian Sandoval signed legislation Thursday legalizing online gambling in Nevada, capping a dizzying day at the Legislature as lawmakers passed the bill through the Assembly and Senate as an emergency measure.
Elton John still fills stadiums worldwide on his own, but he'll share the spotlight with a dozen other musicians at Sunday's Grammy Awards.
Buddy Miller says these days it's not unusual for duet partners to cut their love songs syllable by syllable while never even seeing each other: "In this town especially that's what happens."
The puppeteer who performs as Elmo on "Sesame Street" is taking a leave of absence from the iconic children's show in the wake of allegations that he had a relationship with a 16-year-old boy.
Matt Lauer is sticking with NBC's "Today," ending speculation that the top-rated show might have to face ABC's rising "Good Morning America" without him.
Since landing his first gig as a 4-month-old infant in "The Company She Keeps," Jeff Bridges has played some of the more memorable movie roles of our time, such as an aimless border town teen in "The Last Picture Show" and the easygoing Dude in "The Big Lebowski."
Curtains for 'Pirate'