- Rich Peverley collapses on Dallas Stars bench; game postponed
- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Burt Hooton
Little League Baseball plans to introduce an educational program for coaches and volunteers intended to raise awareness about the use and dangers of performance-enhancing drugs among young players.
American adults rank steroid use among adolescents as less of a problem than alcohol, bullying, marijuana and sexually transmitted diseases, according to a study released Thursday that was co-commissioned by baseball's Hall of Fame.
Giants starter Ryan Vogelsong was lifted with two outs in the sixth, after 104 pitches and his fourth walk of the game.
After getting 2 1-3 hitless innings of relief from Tim Lincecum, the Giants are handing the ball to closer Sergio Romo in the ninth. He's trying to nail down a 2-0 win over Detroit for a commanding 3-0 lead in the World Series.
That's it. The final score is Giants 2, Tigers 0 for the second consecutive game in this World Series.
For sheer drama, there's nothing quite like a one-game, winner-take-all scenario _ and that's about to become a lot less rare in baseball with the debut of a new postseason format this year. The two wild cards in each league play Friday to determine which teams advance to the division series.