- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Burt Hooton
Little League Baseball plans to introduce an educational program for coaches and volunteers intended to raise awareness about the use and dangers of performance-enhancing drugs among young players.
American adults rank steroid use among adolescents as less of a problem than alcohol, bullying, marijuana and sexually transmitted diseases, according to a study released Thursday that was co-commissioned by baseball's Hall of Fame.
Giants starter Ryan Vogelsong was lifted with two outs in the sixth, after 104 pitches and his fourth walk of the game.
After getting 2 1-3 hitless innings of relief from Tim Lincecum, the Giants are handing the ball to closer Sergio Romo in the ninth. He's trying to nail down a 2-0 win over Detroit for a commanding 3-0 lead in the World Series.
That's it. The final score is Giants 2, Tigers 0 for the second consecutive game in this World Series.
For sheer drama, there's nothing quite like a one-game, winner-take-all scenario _ and that's about to become a lot less rare in baseball with the debut of a new postseason format this year. The two wild cards in each league play Friday to determine which teams advance to the division series.