- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
Latest Burt Reynolds Items
Feb. 10: Actor Robert Wagner is 83. Guitarist Don Wilson of The Ventures is 80. Singer Roberta Flack is 76. Singer Jimmy Merchant of Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers is 73. Bassist Bob Spalding of The Ventures is 66. Keyboardist Cory Lerios of Pablo Cruise is 62. Country singer Lionel Cartwright is 53. Actress Laura Dern is 46. Country singer Dude Mowrey is 41. Actress Elizabeth Banks ("Scrubs") is 39. Singer Eric Dill (The Click Five) is 31. Keyboardist Ben Romans of The Click Five is 31. Actress Emma Roberts is 22. Actress Makenzie Vega ("The Good Wife") is 19. Actress Chloe Grace Moretz ("Hugo," "Kick-Ass") is 16.
Larry L. King, a writer and playwright whose magazine article about a campaign to close down a popular bordello became a hit Tony Award-nominated musical "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" and a movie starring Burt Reynolds, died Thursday. He was 83.
Before there was "Sex and the City," there was "Sex and the Single Girl." And before there was Carrie Bradshaw, there was Helen Gurley Brown.
Helen Gurley Brown, the editor who made Cosmopolitan magazine into a single girl's handbook of sex and glamour, has died. She was 90.
Helen Gurley Brown, the longtime editor of Cosmopolitan magazine who invited millions of women to join the sexual revolution, has died. She was 90.
It was not the kind of advice women were used to hearing:
Helen Gurley Brown, the longtime editor of Cosmopolitan magazine who invited millions of women to join the sexual revolution, has died at age 90.
How wonderful it would be to discover Elmore Leonard for the first time. I mean discover him now, in 2012, when there's a massive backlog of previous novels, 45 in all, just waiting for you to crack one open. Like a can of your favorite beer, you know each one will be a separate unit of enjoyment that won't disappoint.
With birthday greetings in mind, we look at actress Sally Field's most notable performances.