- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Latest Byrd Stadium Items
Maryland's first season under Randy Edsall will end without a bowl. Virginia's second season under Mike London will probably be capped with the school's first postseason appearance since 2007.
Previewing Week 10 in DC-area college football.
Quintin McCree's five years at Maryland featured just a little bit of everything. So did Trenton Hughes'. So, really, did anyone else part of the Terrapins' erratic run in recent seasons.
The picture is one of many on Bill Gilbert's desk. His son, Justin, is wearing skullcap with the American flag, his face is slathered with eye black and he's preparing for what he believed would be one of many college football games he would play in at Maryland.
The end of October was a welcome time for the Maryland football program at this time a year ago. The drudgery of a woebegone 2-10 season was seemingly shoved into the past for good as the Terrapins celebrated bowl eligibility and the possibility of good times ahead.
A smattering of patrons --- many huddled beneath the protection of overhangs --- found their way into Byrd Stadium on Saturday for what on paper was Maryland's most winnable remaining game.
Previewing Week 9 in DC-area college football.
The Maryland football team's loss total continues to grow. So, too, does its injury list.