- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
C. Todd Gilbert
Latest C. Todd Gilbert Items
Republicans in the Virginia General Assembly are considering whether to take a page from the Boy Scout Handbook: Be prepared. Virginia's new governor and attorney general, highly skilled partisan Democrats, signal they aren't likely to play nice.
As the Obama administration rolls out plans to permit increased domestic use of drone aircraft, Virginia is among several states looking to pass local restrictions aimed at protecting residents' privacy against the unmanned aerial vehicles.
A diverse coalition of organizations and lawmakers said Tuesday that the use of drones by police and government agencies must be regulated to protect Virginians' privacy rights.
The Virginia House of Delegates approved legislation Tuesday that would define life as beginning at conception, setting up a potential clash in the state Senate and another high-stakes battle over a measure that has been beaten back elsewhere in the country in recent years.
Virginia Attorney General Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II, other law enforcement officials and state lawmakers pushed Tuesday to find additional money to combat child pornography and child exploitation in Virginia.
The Virginia House of Delegates on Thursday gave preliminary approval to a bill that would protect state-licensed private adoption agencies from placing children with families if the placement conflicts with the agency's religious beliefs.