- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Cal Ripken Jr.
Brian Roberts remembered back a decade ago, when he was standing on second base and Derek Jeter approached.
Anyone interested in learning more about effective giving from billionaire Warren Buffett and other prominent philanthropists can again sign up for a free online course.
Mark Gilbert batted leadoff in the same lineup with future Hall of Famers Tom Seaver and Carlton Fisk, tracked down a flyball lofted by Eddie Murray and hit a key single off Orel Hershiser.
As incredibly cool as it would be to have an icon like Ripken as the manager of the Nats, it is not a good idea. Not now anyway.
Nats GM Mike Rizzo does not expect to run the decision by his players. What he might find if he asked, though, is a group that already has a pretty good idea of who they'd like to lead them.
Their loss clinched the National League East title for the Atlanta Braves, who were in the midst of a victory over the Chicago Cubs. And as the Cincinnati Reds took the series from the Pittsburgh Pirates with an 11-3 victory, both NL Central teams' magic number to eliminate the Nationals from wild card contention dropped to two.
Just outside Camden Yards, Tony Kanaan will zip past the park on the bumpy city streets of the baseball city with more speed than the average fastball and into the IndyCar Series record book.
Cal Ripken Jr. announced a $100,000 reward Thursday for information that helps lead to the capture and conviction of the person who abducted his mother a year ago.
The Hall of Fame infielder made the announcement Thursday, a little more than a year after Vi Ripken was taken at gunpoint from her Aberdeen home and held captive for 24 hours. She was returned unharmed. No one has been arrested in the abduction.
Fletcher is preparing for his 16th NFL season. The next game he misses will be the first. Think about that — 240 games, at linebacker, where there is contact almost every play. And he's never missed a game.
Ripken isn't the type to demand that, but it will come if he's the manager.
BALTIMORE (AP) — Cal Ripken Jr. announced a $100,000 reward Thursday for information that helps lead to the capture and conviction of the person who abducted his mother a year ago.