- London mayor flies Palestinian flag at town hall to support Gaza
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Eric Cantor says he’ll resign on Aug. 18
- Ted Nugent slams ‘lying freaks’ at liberal media: I’m ‘doing God’s work’
- Joe Biden’s secret love: Skinny-dipping, Secret Service agents say
- Just-forged Israel-Hamas cease-fire ends in rocket fire
- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Caleb Porter
The Timbers were winless for their first eight matches of the season for the team's longest span without a victory since 2012. The streak was concerning for a team that went all the way to the Western Conference final last season.
The Portland Timbers scored in the opening minute and the last minute to earn their first victory of the season.
Portland Timbers coach Caleb Porter was named the Slats Gill Sportsperson of the Year at the Oregon Sports Awards.
The Portland Timbers' season-opening draw with Philadelphia left them wondering what they could have done to pull out the win.
The Portland Timbers were the surprise of Major League Soccer last season under first-year coach Caleb Porter. Playing what fans dubbed "Porterball," the team finished atop the Western Conference standings and advanced to the conference finals.
The Portland Timbers mirror the personality of first-year coach Caleb Porter. With two matches left and a playoff berth within grasp, the team is all business.
After missing his team's final soccer game last season because of cancer treatment, 8-year-old Atticus Lane-Dupre made sure his teammates were in on his wish to scrimmage against the Portland Timbers.
"We're behind the 8-ball," said Portland head coach Caleb Porter. "There are plenty of examples of teams that have started out slow. But in the end, we're not where we want to be, at this point, and we need to step it up."