- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Caleb Rowe Items
With standout quarterback Tajh Boyd leading the way, Clemson scored three touchdowns in the final 15 minutes and pulled away to a 40-27 victory Saturday.
Maryland (5-1) proved it can still accomplish many of the goals it had set prior to the season. Meanwhile, Virginia (2-4) faces a scramble for bowl eligibility with only one game remaining in which it figures to be the favorite.
Rowe made his second career start in place of C.J. Brown, who sustained a concussion in last week's 63-0 loss at Florida State. Rowe went 18 for 34 and directed an offense that accumulated 468 yards.
Caleb Rowe's first start as Maryland's starting quarterback was mixed with both promise and frustration, though the freshman was insistent he was eager to learn and grow from the experience.
Caleb Rowe's first career start was alternately bumpy and slick, with one successful comeback and another rally cut short by an unwise decision.
Chase Rettig completed a 14-yard touchdown pass to Johnathan Coleman with 52 seconds left to give Boston College a 20-17 victory over Maryland on Saturday.
Maryland has gone through more quarterbacks than any team could expect this season. It's had its share of close losses as well. The latest unfolded Saturday at Alumni Stadium as first-time starting quarterback Caleb Rowe was intercepted in the final minute as Boston College escaped with a comeback 20-17 victory.
Maryland's quarterback options were whittled further Thursday when the school announced sophomore Devin Burns suffered a Lisfranc injury in his left foot, leaving true freshman Caleb Rowe as the only remaining scholarship option.
C.J. Brown, Maryland's presumptive starting quarterback and one of its team captains, already had his chance to play in 2012 extinguished in the preseason.