- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - California Horse Racing Board
The California Horse Racing Board (CHRB) was established in 1933 as an independent agency of the State of California, United States. The CHRB has authority over the regulation of horse racing and parimutuel betting at licensed California race tracks. The function of the CHRB is to watch over authorized California horse races to protect the public from fraudulent operations. - Source: Wikipedia
Trainer Doug O'Neill vigorously denied giving one of his horses a performance-enhancing mixture that violated the rules. After a nearly two-year legal battle, California racing officials agreed with him while still finding fault because of a rule that says trainers are ultimately responsible for horses in their care.
Horse racing has long withstood the deaths of its skittish, injury-prone thoroughbreds. Hollywood proved it lacks the stomach for it.
A horse was injured and euthanized Tuesday during production of the racetrack drama "Luck," the third death in connection with the series, and a humane group that oversees Hollywood productions called for a halt to filming with the animals.
A horse was injured and euthanized Tuesday during production of the racetrack drama "Luck," the third death in connection with the series, and HBO agreed to suspend filming with horses while the accident is investigated.