- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
Latest California Inc. Items
President Obama's presidential campaign's newest incarnation, a nonprofit intended to mobilize volunteers and use their donations to prop up his bully pulpit, raised a paltry $4.8 million, constrained by its reversal under criticism of its intention to collect money from corporations.
NEW YORK (AP) — Consumers were eager to buy IPhones and flat-screen TVs in June, but their reluctance to purchase clothing and other nonessentials has retailers worried about the success of the back-to-school shopping season.