- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest California'S Unocal Items
China's bid for a bigger stake in the booming tar sands oil fields of Canada has some American lawmakers flustered, but the deal is likely to be approved anyway by Canadian officials fed up with Washington's delays on the stalled Keystone XL pipeline.
A top Chinese oil company is confident its proposed $15.1 billion purchase of Nexen, a Canadian firm, won't turn into another awkward Unocal debacle, which is still ever-so fresh in their memory.