- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Topic - Calvin Thompson
The 2012-13 NCAA basketball season begins Friday, Nov. 9, and The Washington Times has all you want to know about the local teams. Check out our preview content below.
Calvin Thompson thought he was fully recovered last year from ACL surgery that cost him nearly all of the 2010-11 season.
For Howard's basketball team, this year is all about rejuvenation.
"I feel like toughness is the biggest thing I can add to the mix," Thompson said. "I'm a confident person, so while I"m on the court I'm talking and while I'm talking everybody else is going to talk. So just me pushing my teammates to get to the next level because I know I'm out there working hard, so I'm pushing them to work hard."
Thompson asserted that his months on the sideline further strengthened his leadership skills while allowing him to view his team's strengths and weaknesses from a different perspective.