- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - Calvin Thompson
The 2012-13 NCAA basketball season begins Friday, Nov. 9, and The Washington Times has all you want to know about the local teams. Check out our preview content below.
Calvin Thompson thought he was fully recovered last year from ACL surgery that cost him nearly all of the 2010-11 season.
For Howard's basketball team, this year is all about rejuvenation.
"I realized talking to people that rest is real important so I would go hard for a good three or four days and then take two days off and then for three or four days after that," Thompson said. "My body feels great right now. Actually, it feels wonderful. The best I have ever felt."
"I don't want to blame it on the injury," Thompson said before grinning mischievously.