- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
- Driverless cars to hit the British streets by 2015
Topic - Calvin Thompson
The 2012-13 NCAA basketball season begins Friday, Nov. 9, and The Washington Times has all you want to know about the local teams. Check out our preview content below.
Calvin Thompson thought he was fully recovered last year from ACL surgery that cost him nearly all of the 2010-11 season.
For Howard's basketball team, this year is all about rejuvenation.
"I feel like toughness is the biggest thing I can add to the mix," Thompson said. "I'm a confident person, so while I"m on the court I'm talking and while I'm talking everybody else is going to talk. So just me pushing my teammates to get to the next level because I know I'm out there working hard, so I'm pushing them to work hard."
Thompson asserted that his months on the sideline further strengthened his leadership skills while allowing him to view his team's strengths and weaknesses from a different perspective.