- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Camp
Republicans ridiculed a claim that the Internal Revenue Service lost two years worth of Lois G. Lerner's emails, with top lawmakers Monday summoning the commissioner to Congress next week to explain the foul-up and one tea party group demanding access to the computers that the tax agency says were responsible for the failure.
Attorney James Connell has visited his client inside the secret Guantanamo prison complex known as Camp 7 only once, taken in a van with covered windows on a circuitous trek to disguise the route on the scrub brush-and-cactus covered military base.
Rep. Mike Rogers said last week that he would not seek another term. Earlier this year, Rep. Buck McKeon, the head of the House Armed Services Committee, and Rep. Doc Hastings, head of the House Natural Resources Committee, announced that they too were leaving Congress at the end of their current term.
Nearly everybody agrees that the tax system is broken. Jimmy Carter famously said it was "a disgrace to the human race," and for once Mr. Carter spoke for just about everybody. But every line of the tax code has a fierce champion. Introducing a reform plan is a guaranteed way to make enemies.
House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp says President Obama's proposal to enact a business-only tax-reform bill that would plow more money into public-works projects isn't going anywhere in this Congress.
A veteran federal judge who was arrested on charges that he bought and used drugs with a stripper pleaded guilty Friday to two-drug related charges, including a felony count of giving her cocaine even though he knew she was a convicted felon.
After Rep. Levin’s insistence that he, the top Democrat, be heard, Chairman Camp told Levin to “chill out.” Levin replied that he was “very chilled out.” Ways and Means wants the Justice Department to open a criminal probe against Lerner.
She told authorities that he brought a semiautomatic handgun with him in case she needed protection, the affidavit said.