- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Cape Town Stadium
Latest Cape Town Stadium Items
In two or 10, or even 20 years' time a visitor to South Africa might turn to a football fan and ask: "So, what did that 2010 World Cup do for you?"
Libya lifted its first international football title by beating favorite and West African power Ghana on penalties in the final of the African Nations Championship on Saturday.
South Africa's players are "a bunch of losers" and the former World Cup host's national team is in a state of crisis, the country's outspoken sports minister said Monday.
A spokeswoman for the South African city of Cape Town says one person died after a scaffolding collapsed in high winds outside a Linkin Park concert, injuring 19 other people.