- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Ron Paul: CIA spying is a result of a distrustful, big government
- Mike Huckabee: Opposing abortion is ‘how we save this republic’
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
Latest Capital Centre Items
The arena last hosted the tournament in 2005, and the ACC previously held championships at the Capital Centre in suburban Maryland in 1976, 1981 and 1987.
Supporters of a possible casino in Prince George's County are holding out hope to get the issue through the General Assembly and onto this November's ballot, but one county developer says he is unfairly being shut out of the process.
Robin Taylor grew up a Washington Capitals fan but didn't attend her first game at the Capital Centre until 1994. That was technically a year after the Patrick Division ended, but the same rivals were there in the new "Atlantic" Division, so plenty of hatred built up for the Flyers, Penguins, Rangers, Devils and Islanders until the realignment in 1999 that put the Caps with the Hurricanes, Thrashers, Panthers and Lightning.
The old Capital Centre in Landover, once the home of the Washington Bullets, is now a memory, but still a very vivid one for former ball boy Jerai Grant.
K. Hovnanian is building 55 single-family homes on quarter-acre sites at the Palisades at Oak Creek in Upper Marlboro, near Woodmore Towne Centre and the Boulevard at the Capital Centre. The community includes a walking trail to a park and tot lots.
Craftmark Homes is building 20 single-family homes on sites of one-half acre to 2 acres at Frontgate Farms in Upper Marlboro, near Bowie Town Center, the Boulevard at Capital Center, Oak Creek Stream Valley Park and Lake Oak Crest.
Prince George's County police yesterday arrested a 21-year-old Landover man in connection with the fatal shooting of three men on Super Bowl Sunday at a Largo restaurant.
Within about 10 miles of Washington, the Upper Marlboro area of Prince George's County has become the setting of choice for developers creating upscale planned communities.