- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Capitol Police Board
The Capitol Police Board is a group of three members who maintain jurisdiction over the United States Capitol Police. The three members of this board are the Architect of the Capitol, the Sergeant at Arms of the United States Senate, and the Sergeant at Arms of the United States House of Representatives. The Chief of the Capitol Police also serves as a member but in an ex officio status. - Source: Wikipedia
It was reasonable for officials to reroute a Capitol Police tactical squad away from the Washington Navy Yard rampage amid concerns about possible threats to the U.S. Capitol after the officers got stuck in traffic, according to a report released Friday that defends the decision.
The U.S. Capitol Police say they are investigating reports that a specially trained and equipped SWAT team was ordered not to assist D.C. Metropolitan Police responding to the Navy Yard shooting rampage Monday.
The U.S. Capitol Black Police Association is staging a protest on Tuesday against what members decry as a hostile and discriminatory work environment.