- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror plotter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
- Libyan prime minister ousted by parliament
- Men’s Wearhouse to buy Jos A Bank for $1.8B
- Boston bomb squad destroys unattended pressure cooker: report
- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
Capitol Police Board
Latest Capitol Police Board Items
It was reasonable for officials to reroute a Capitol Police tactical squad away from the Washington Navy Yard rampage amid concerns about possible threats to the U.S. Capitol after the officers got stuck in traffic, according to a report released Friday that defends the decision.
The U.S. Capitol Police say they are investigating reports that a specially trained and equipped SWAT team was ordered not to assist D.C. Metropolitan Police responding to the Navy Yard shooting rampage Monday.
The U.S. Capitol Black Police Association is staging a protest on Tuesday against what members decry as a hostile and discriminatory work environment.