- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Captain Jack Sparrow
Captain Jack Sparrow driving Cinderella's carriage? Mr. Incredible swinging the Queen of Hearts' flamingo mallet? Sulley from "Monsters, Inc." galloping around on Bullseye from "Toy Story"? Those are just a few of the silly scenarios that could become a virtual reality with "Disney Infinity," a new endeavor from Disney combining a video game with a toy line.
The making of a new "Lone Ranger" Disney movie, and the announcement that Johnny Depp is playing sidekick Tonto, have reawakened feelings about a character that has drawn much criticism over the years as being a Hollywood creation guilty of spreading stereotypes.
Gyasi Ross grew up decades after the "Lone Ranger" aired on TV, but his friends would still call him "Tonto" when they teased him.
Johnny Depp is portraying the undead in his latest movie.
To properly play a pirate, Christian Borle has appropriately been stealing.
The leader of the pioneering reggae group The Ethiopians has died in Jamaica. Leonard Dillon was 68.
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" sailed to $90.2 million at the box office.
The reengineered "Pirates of the Caribbean" sequel "On Stranger Tides" found its smoothest sailing overseas, where it took in a record $256.3 million at the international box office, according to studio estimates Sunday.
With the fourth entry in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series, "On Stranger Tides," opening this weekend, excited fans may be looking for ways to get into the spirit of the new movie. So here's some advice: Bring an eye patch. Better yet, bring two. "On Stranger Tides" isn't worth watching out of even one eye.
The biggest question about the latest pop-culture franchise to be "Lego-ized" is not whether it will be fun (that's a given) but how many more iterations of the formula can gamers withstand?
"Thor" nailed down the No. 1 spot at the box office again.
Johnny Depp chuckled when asked if he was worried about the notoriously harsh critics at the Cannes Film Festival, where his new swashbuckler "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" played amid far more sober fare.
The hardest thing about a pirate's life for Penelope Cruz was not all the swashbuckling and sword fighting and sailing the high seas.
Johnny Depp's tour guide on his "Pirates of the Caribbean" voyages is plotting the course for a fifth installment even before the fourth movie sails into theaters.
Johnny Depp's flamboyant portrayal of Jack Sparrow in "Pirates of the Caribbean" was good enough for an Oscar nomination, but the actor says Disney was less than thrilled.
An underlying racism and a more open anti-Islamism make it hard to imagine Captain Blood or Jack Sparrow as North African Muslims, and spill over into contemporary popular culture," he asserts.